Thursday, May 1, 2014

Finding Jesus

I have struggled with whether or not I should share this publicly.  There are so many things in our lives that are reserved to be private, and to be honest, I wasn't sure if I was ready to share this or not.  My children are precious to me.  Their sweet little souls are priceless rubies in my eyes.  I am very careful with what I share about the "inner workings" of our little home, as what transpires there is a common thread woven between the hearts of each person in our home.

Last Thursday night, my baby boy (age 7) accepted Jesus as his Savior.  I cannot begin to describe the joy that enters my heart at remembering this special night.  Hunter had been asking lots of questions about Jesus, salvation, heaven, and hell for several months--questions that typical 7 year-old boys don't ask.  His humble spirit was an encouragement to me as I tried to answer all his probing questions. 

His questions were answered by the evangelist at our revival last week.  Hunter continued his barrage of questions throughout the services.  What does fellowship mean, Mom?  How come Paul loved Jesus so much?  How do I show that I love Jesus as much as Paul did?  He was relentless, but I was loving it!  When the evangelist said that he felt someone needed to make a move, my precious little man tugged on my arm, looked at me with those knowing, beautiful blue eyes, and said, "I need to make a move, Mom.  I want to be saved."  I went with him to the altar to accept Jesus.  My daughter, Paige, also came with us to pray for her baby brother.  We were all moved to tears, as he prayed earnestly to Jesus to save his soul.

What a blessing my children are to me!  Now, I can rest in the assurance that I will spend eternity with them.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."  ~Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment